Version 1.0, updated February 14, 2021
This Cookies Policy explains what cookies are installed on the computers of users of the https://lumipakele.com website, how and why these cookies are used and how different browsers can be configured to block their use.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on the device (computer, tablet, smartphone or similar) that the user uses to browse the internet, with information about how the site is used, or with a label identifying the device used.
Cookies are necessary to facilitate navigation and know how users interact with websites, so that they can be improved. They are also useful to offer advertising according to the user’s preferences, as well as for other purposes detailed below. Cookies do not damage the user’s device.
The term cookies is also used to refer extensively to other similar technologies for installing and/or collecting information on or about the user’s device (such as flash cookies, web beacons, pixels, HTML5 local storage). It also results from application to the use of fingerprinting techniques, which help identify the device from which the user browses. Sometimes these technologies work in conjunction with cookies to collect and store information, or to provide certain functionalities or services on the website.
This explanation is a general example of what is meant by cookies for informational purposes only. The cookies used on this website are detailed in the following sections. If you want to know more about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies are available?
This section provides an overview of the type of cookies that can be used on a website.
Depending on the owner, cookies can be classified into:
- Own: Those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer managed by the owner of the website he is using, and from which the service requested by the user is offered.
- Third party: those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer not managed by the owner of the website visited, but by another entity that processes the obtained data stored in cookies.
Depending on their purpose, cookies can be classified into:
- Strictly necessary (technical): they allow the user to browse and use the services offered by the website he visits, and can be used, for example, to store session data (tracks used, tests exceeded, etc.). They are always unloaded.
- Functionality or customization: they allow to remember information for the user to access the service with certain features that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as the language, type of browser used, etc.
- Analysis: they allow to quantify the number of users, the pages visited and the interaction with them, in order to perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the website.
- Advertising: they allow the management of advertising spaces on the website.
- Behavioral advertising: they store information about user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it. These cookies allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the owner of the website has included directly or in collaboration with third parties.
Finally, depending on how long they remain stored on the customer’s computer, cookies can be:
- Session: they store data while the user uses the website. They are often used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the requested service on a single occasion (e.g. tracks used and tests exceeded throughout the development of a game).
- Persistent: they store data on the user’s device for longer periods of time (from several minutes to several years) so that they can be treated by the person responsible for the cookie.
How to manage cookies?
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=”es”
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/cookies/
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/topic/eliminar-y-administrar-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/topic/eliminar-y-administrar-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d#ie=
Cookie settings are specific to the browser and device used. Therefore, if the user chooses to set cookies in a way on one device and wants that setting to be applied in a similar way on another device or browser, he/she must repeat the process.
Finally, and with respect to third-party cookies in order to provide advertising based on the interests of users, certain third parties may be members of self-regulating online behavioral advertising programs, which offer opt-out options:
- Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Cookies used in https://lumipakele.com
The following table details the cookies used on this website:
|__gads||Third||Advertising||13 months||Associated with the DoubleClick service offered by Google. It allows you to measure user interaction with website ads, and prevent the same ad from showing up too many times.|
|_fbq||Third||Social||15 months||Used by Facebook to deliver advertising, such as real-time offers from third-party advertisers.|
|_ga||Third||Analytical||2 years||Created by Google Analytics. Generates a unique user ID, which is used to count how many times you visit the site, as well as the date of the first and last visit to the website. Records the date and time of access to any of the pages on the site. Check the need to keep a user’s session open or create a new one. Identifies the user’s session, to collect the approximate geographical location of the computer accessing the site with statistical effects.|
|_gat_UA_162891488-1||Third||Performance||1 year||Created by Google Analytics. The number identifies the website to which it is related. It is used to limit the amount of data google records on high-traffic websites.|
|_gcl_au||Third||Advertising||15 months||Used by Google AdSense to analyze ads efficiency.|
|_gid||Third||Analytical||1 day||Created by Google Analytics. Generates a unique user ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the website is used.|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Own||Technical||1 my||Controls the presentation and acceptance of the cookie notice. It makes it possible that the warning message does not appear again on the web.|
|pll_language||Own||Customization||1 year||Stores the language used by the user|
|puntuacion||Own||Technical||10 days||Stores the data needed to calculate a game’s final score (used tracks, challenges overtaken, and excluded challenges)|
At the moment it is not technically possible to provide the user with the selection of cookies that can be stored (technical, analytical or advertising), so all cookies must be accepted or rejected.
If cookies are accepted, the notice will not be displayed again on the computer and browser used during the period of 1 month (period set for the validity of the acceptance cookie).
Close: The cookie notice is hidden.